Dragoncrest Cliffs i wanted to be your anchor
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Their packmates filed in, and Artaax greeted them each with a stoic nod and a flash of a smile. He focused only briefly on each face he saw before looking out between the trees again, hoping to see his brother. His ears fell back as Thur explained to the crowd that they had found Wildfire but left her behind, feeling a familiar sting of guilt in his heart at the memory. He hadn't wanted to leave his mother, but he also could not deny the wisdom in their departure. It was a hard choice, but the right one. He only hoped that were he faced with such a difficult choice, he'd be strong enough to do the same.

His brother's arrival brought Artaax quickly out of his moment of contemplation. Joy tightened into a knot in his throat as Robin approached. He smiled broadly then, his tail flapping back and forth frantically at his haunches. He ignored Blixen, who was guarded and frowny (as usual), reaching forward to sniffle affectionately at Bobby's face and to nip almost playfully at his cheek. He glanced at their sister as she began to explain what had happened and rolled his eyes when she ended her diatribe with You shoulda come, Bobby. As though it had been his choice to stay behind.

Looking at his brother, Artaax gave a nonchalant shrug. "She's been rather crabby this trip," he said, dismissing her emotions as just a bad attitude in a rather unsympathetic fashion. His joy sobered though, as he looked at Bobby and saw the features he had inherited from Wildfire. His tone shifted as he said quietly, "The Redhawks are good wolves. Mom'll be okay with them. She'll come home soon." He offered a small smile, believing the words in spite of how odd it was for him to show confidence in anyone outside of Drageda.

Messages In This Thread
i wanted to be your anchor - by Antumbra - October 14, 2017, 02:09 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Blixen - October 15, 2017, 05:24 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Artaax - October 15, 2017, 06:51 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Mallaidh - October 15, 2017, 07:18 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Étoille - October 15, 2017, 07:36 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Tirgatao - October 16, 2017, 02:49 AM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by RIP Blodreina - October 19, 2017, 03:43 AM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Dio - October 23, 2017, 10:55 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Antumbra - October 30, 2017, 09:49 AM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Mallaidh - October 31, 2017, 05:46 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Ajatar - November 01, 2017, 06:54 PM