Fairspell Meadow they once belonged to me
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
It registered somewhere that the stranger's attacks were weak, barely opening any wounds on her pelt. It struck her as odd, and that was enough for something to tighten in her chest. And yet she did not pause in her attack, holding fast until the crack startled her back. It echoed loudly in the quick silence of their fight, and she dropped her grip, moving back. It was one thing for a strategy to form in her mind, another for it to take effect in such a devastating manner. 

Silence stretched between them as she stared at the boy, registering fully the damage she had caused. And beside the disgust at herself, there grew something else; power, and self-satisfaction. It was an ugly thing to feel, but she could do nothing to stop it, for no longer would she feel helpless if she knew that this she was capable of. And then came Vaati, and the power faded as quickly as it had come. Her gaze turned towards him, burning green. "He attacked me" She hissed in turn, gaze following the boy as he moves to the stranger. His disapproval hurts, more than she would expect it too, and she is silent. He mutters that they will all pay, and her chest feels as if pierced by fangs. It would be so easy to fall beside him wordlessly and do exactly as he commands, but she cannot bear to bring unto this boy what she thinks will happen to him, nor can she believe the actions the boy will take will lessen the harm of whatever she's done.

"No." The word is low, empty, and her gaze is dull. Her mind struggles to work against the stress of the situation, and her words are clipped and hollow. "Drag him back, and he can be tracked." They would only pay if they were found out, and she struggled to cover her own err, holding just as much weight in this as Vaati. The boy lived, and as she stared at him and the damage she had caused, her mind slowed to a struggling snail pace, what she had done catching up with her. There was terror in him, and fear, and the same emotions echoed in her own gaze. She addressed him next, words sharp and tinged with desperation. "Who are you?" 
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 06:52 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 07:31 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 07:42 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 07:49 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 08:00 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Vaati - October 28, 2017, 08:42 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 30, 2017, 12:01 AM