Redhawk Caldera My independence seems to vanish in the haze
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
It was not uncommon for someone to request his presence at the borders with a howl, and Elwood hoped it would be just another routine visit. More than likely, it was someone harmless, although his guard was up since learning of the Blackfeather wolves after Wildfire's kidnapping. What had once been a mundane task now caused his heart rate to increase ever so slightly as he trod over familiar ground toward the outskirts of his land.

There were two wolves, one which was unfamiliar and the other that he recognized immediately, despite his disheveled appearance. Titmouse had been with them only a few days before disappearing again, and while his absence had caused some concern, he was also known to be flighty. Elwood had simply assumed that Towhee was right and the boy wasn't ready to settle down. But as he drew nearer, it was easy to see that something was very, very wrong with this situation.

Elwood's stomach turned and he turned a hard gaze to the dark she-wolf with Titmouse. Was it just his imagination, or did she smell the way the Blackfeather wolves had been described? His hackles bristled but he concerned himself first with Titmouse, who was clearly injured. "What happened?" he asked, his voice sharper than usual. He kept the strange female in his peripheral vision as he spoke to his godson.
Messages In This Thread
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 11, 2017, 10:59 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 15, 2017, 10:11 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:37 PM