Sleepy Fox Hollow walk down the road and I'm alone again
170 Posts
Ooc — JB

It would take time before Rheia was comfortable speaking in depth about her family (personally and, obviously because she needed to find the words first) but oh, how she wished she could tell the tales of her beloved sisterhood to Sif! This new place she'd found - this home with Sif - would be a turning point. Rheia knew things would change for her here and she was already devoted to staying for a little while. The more she connected the more she wished never to leave but, in her heart she knew she would one day have to, which made her quietly ache.

Listening to Sif, Rheia found herself aching in a different way - her compassion was boundless for her sisters and now that Sif was one of them, she found herself understanding the girl's tale and empathizing greatly. Although she had never experienced such losses herself it was easy to imagine being without her tutors, without her matriarch, without anyone - and to think of them dead only made Rheia want to weep. She was so overcome from Sif's tiny explanation that she found herself burying close to the other girl, a small whine pealing out of her as she did so; she blot what few tears sprang to her eyes hastily with Sif's fur and said, No, no friend, more! Sister! Sif a sister. No more wander, no more, here with sister.

It was an emotional display and not something Rheia would ever take pride in (in fact, looking back on this moment, she'd likely be embarrassed for herself) but for now she was caught up in the idea of it all. She wanted to sooth Sif of her wounds even if the other girl no longer considered them to be such. Ocean -- she suddenly blurted, realizing where she'd heard that word before, Okeanós! You.. see ocean? she sounded incredulous, but to be fair the girl had only ever lived within one mountain range with stories of the sea used as bedtime stories - until her grandmother had arrived to confirm much of what she'd been taught, Rheia had only ever believed the sea to be a mythical, magical thing of fantasy.

Messages In This Thread
walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - November 30, 2017, 10:45 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 12:37 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 02:49 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 01:43 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Spooky Camilla - December 02, 2017, 02:06 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 02:20 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 02:51 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 03:18 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 03:47 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 04, 2017, 02:46 PM