Bramblepoint the graveyard, the turnaround, it changed in you somehow
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she awaited ridicule, but none came. her expression went from guarded to somewhat surprised, as the wolf seemed to understand the ridiculous concept that had forbidden her to eat it. indra had expected derision, even coldness -- yet skwol showed her neither. slowly, her features softened, and she looked from the wolf to the spot in the snow where the bird had left a gentle imprint.

she smiled then, drawing her eyes partially shut in a humble, almost flattered expression. she thought it incredibly kind of the wolf and wished more were like him -- never once did indra think this could be some ploy, or a trick. the gentle sway of his tail by his hocks, and the soft warmth of his gaze upon her -- indra did not believe these things could be fabricated.

"it is yours, i never touched it." she declined, though she was fully aware of the keen protest in her stomach. "you're kind to offer. i'm indra."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the graveyard, the turnaround, it changed in you somehow - by Indra - January 06, 2018, 10:24 PM