Bramblepoint the graveyard, the turnaround, it changed in you somehow
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra truthfully had not meant to strike a chord; a certain pall of guiltiness shrouded her features as she recognized the vague pushback from the male. she bit her lip and averted her gaze, feeling awful for it. skwol's words somewhat reassured her, if only because she could detect no umbrage in his voice.

he left his answer somewhat vague, which indra did not mind. she nodded in understanding. she had felt that way too -- and like him, had come to the sad reality that true perfection was unattainable. as was happiness, she added in grim afterthought.

he turned the subject to her; she shifted - she wished to answer truthfully and in the most forthright manner as possible, but it would be a long, terrible, and sad story -- certainly not one fit for casual exchange with a new acquaintance. "luck, i guess." she answered wryly - though whether it was good or bad luck, she could not say. "i have my sister, laurel -- and her friend, xan -- so i guess i am not too unlucky. we're settling in bear claw valley, do you know where that is?" she motioned behind them, where the blue mountains cut coldly into the sky. there, she implied with a motion of her snout.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the graveyard, the turnaround, it changed in you somehow - by Indra - January 20, 2018, 02:36 PM