Stone Circle in the bleak mid-winter
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
It's all good! Apologies for my own delay, school is just as meddlesome as the holidays, it seems (: Also, if the content of this post is scattered, it probably just reflects my brain right now haha!

Nanook acknowledged her packmate’s approach with the subtle turn of her ear; though she didn’t get a closer look at who approached her exactly, the other carried the scent of Easthollow, and that was enough. It seemed she, too, sensed the danger crouched just beyond them, and the Apaata readied herself as the dark woman passed her to approach the woods. Time seemed to crawl - the woman drew nearer, and Nanook held her breath and tucked her own head low in mimic of the other. Something ran amiss in the looming shadows - and as Nanook began to echo the other woman's growl, a furious bolt of ruddy fur jolted to meet them, leaving her packmate with a warning shout, and Nanook in line with the furious ball of fox.

Though prepared for the missile by the woman's shout, Nanook's reaction came a fraction too slow. The fox lashed with a bloody cry toward her and lunged for her face. Nanook turned to protect her eyes, but the creature managed to grasp and pull at the length of her muzzle instead. Pain seared her snout, and Nanook shoved her head and the fox toward the ground.

The wheeze of a scream accompanied the breath-knocking thump of the creature's body against the frozen dirt, and the pressure unhinged from Nanook's face. The pain only incited her. She reared and plunged, and flesh broke between her teeth. The fox screamed and tried to tear away - inadvertently leaving pieces of itself tight between the polar woman's jaws, and on a course away from her - and hopefully into a greater danger.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
in the bleak mid-winter - by Nanook - December 23, 2017, 11:18 AM
RE: in the bleak mid-winter - by Banner - December 30, 2017, 09:11 PM
RE: in the bleak mid-winter - by Nanook - January 09, 2018, 01:57 AM
RE: in the bleak mid-winter - by Banner - January 21, 2018, 06:33 PM