Ankyra Sound one gonna help me talk right, one gonna lay me down to sleep
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
”Hmm,” he mused softly at the first remark from the young boy. Kierkegaard truly hadn’t cared enough to know that the boy had once belonged to Caiaphas, or that he had been reclaimed by his mother. The question had been a simple one, and in turn he had anticipated a simplistic answer. The ghost knew that it was not wise to expect much of anything from others. So, he disregarded the first statement and found himself instead focusing on the inquiry that had followed. It unsettled him for a moment, causing his fur to bristle along his neck and shoulders. It stood like quills along his back. His sharp gaze found the others face for a moment while he thought of how best to answer the question.

Kierkegaard had never truly known how best to answer what his relationship with the dark woman had been. No one had really ever asked. He’d preferred it this way. It wasn’t anyone else’s business what he was to Caiaphas. To this boy, though... perhaps simplicity would serve him well. He regarded the male quietly before he inhaled and found his voice.

“I love her. I have loved her for quite some time.”

To admit it seemed foolish. The ghost had never even said the words aloud to himself, yet he knew them to be true. Kierkegaard had never been more fond of another body in his life. Not even his sister could match the affection that he felt toward the sea waif.
old enough to know i'll end up dying, not young enough to forget again
Messages In This Thread