Moonspear as dark as the fallen star
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey could understand where Dirge was coming from. It was hard to put an exact date on when the adventure would be over. That was part of the fun of exploring - you never knew what you would find, and the freedom to pursue whatever interesting things you found was essential in being able to do it well. It was a hard line to toe, pursuing her career and being a good member of a pack that seemed to value other trades more highly. But she felt she was making it work, or she was trying at least.

"Yeah, being in a pack kinda seems to be at odds with this lifestyle," Liffey commented, "Before coming to Moonspear, Rannoch lead a pack to the East that I was part of. He always gave me the freedom to come and go as I pleased. He trusted that I would always be back, and he knew how important it was for me to be able to do what I loved without constraints." As she spoke, she realized how wistful she sounded for those days, and she was. Her days with Rannoch in the Vale had been the happiest of her life. She was trying to re-create that happiness here, but so far it had been difficult to achieve. But she hadn't given up hope yet.

Yet.

"It just takes time, I think. Time to earn that trust and be given that freedom here," she said, smiling, even though it felt a little odd even as she said it, "Though to be fair, I've never actually asked. They could be perfectly alright with us coming and going as we please and I'm just paranoid." She laughed lightly. Her? Paranoid? Come now.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - January 10, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - January 12, 2018, 08:35 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - January 17, 2018, 03:07 AM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - January 20, 2018, 06:09 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - January 22, 2018, 05:42 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - January 27, 2018, 12:14 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - February 04, 2018, 03:36 AM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - February 10, 2018, 10:53 AM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - February 13, 2018, 06:37 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - February 17, 2018, 10:58 AM