Mount Everfall down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
by the coast .. a different land. if it had ever been nathaniel's intention to steer mona away from visions of his past, he was making a poor go of it indeed. the mayfair girl could not stop her fantastical mind from creating images of nathaniel as a marauding pirate, or perhaps nathaniel, a soldier defending his lands against pillaging. whatever it was, whoever he was, mona knew it must be a long story, and one she suddenly and desperately wanted to hear. "i have to go visit it now, the sea!" she exclaimed when he had finished his comment.
she blinked back into herself as the man began to offer her some rough-hewn advice, but he was true, and she bobbed her little head at his correctness. however, another thought seized her — mona's lips pursed into an O of recollection, and she turned foxlike to duck her head into the small cavern behind her, pulling out the remnants of a squirrel.
"thank you, mithter rochthesther," mona lisped from behind her burden, setting it down and pushing it across the small space between them toward the larger wolf. "i'll take it to heart. this — please have some," the girl invited, settling to her slender haunches again. "my parents didn't tell me the truth, but they did teach me manners," mona observed dryly. "but who leaves something like that out! i mean honestly," mona snapped under her breath, all scarlet fire for a heated moment, her phrasing a perfect imitation of a step-grandmother named blue willow who had disappeared even before lasher's passing. mona did not know this, however, and left off her rant to swallow and grin appeasingly at nathaniel. "sorry. i've still got ... issues about it."
on a bolder note — "i bet you wouldn't do that to your kids!" the yearling mayfair declared, and then her swampwater eyes widened. "uh, i mean, if you had — uhum ... do you have ... never mind." and now her cheeks burned again. you're such a weird fuckin' idiot, the girl told herself fiercely.
[Image: footer3.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved - by Mona - January 25, 2018, 12:59 PM