Stone Circle Did you know that you do all those things?
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook eased at her sister’s encouragement; quite frankly, she would have had a hard time stopping all she was doing even if her sister had ordered her to lessen up. The Apaata lived and breathed her work, for in it she found a way to give back to Desna a fraction of what she gave for them. A readied smile passed her lips, a gesture she now found easy with her sister.

Her smile did not fade, but confusion wrapped her face as Desna continued - a lopsided cant of her ears and the twitch of her brow. She lifted a paw to scratch an itch behind her ear - surely she hadn’t heard right. “Beta?” The word stumbled out before she could reign in her tongue. “Me?” Maybe the bison had kicked her head in as well - but Nanook knew better. Beta. Of course she had wondered when Desna would seek another to lead by her - but her? She was no leader, and she could think of many others in the pack who were, or could be. Stark or Banner, Illecebra or Mawk, Murdock, even. But she was simply Nanook. Sister, aunt, warrior, runner.

“Why?” She felt the gravity of the position her sister offered, and couldn’t reconcile herself as one deserving of the honour. She trusted Desna’s leadership, of course, and the wisdom she’d continually proved, and as baffled and uncertain as the suggestion made her, Nanook trusted her in this as well - but that didn’t quiet her questions. She dipped her head, gathered since the initial shock. “I mean - why me?” For it was clear that Desna noticed something in her she couldn’t.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
RE: Did you know that you do all those things? - by Nanook - January 19, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Did you know that you do all those things? - by Nanook - January 20, 2018, 11:39 AM
RE: Did you know that you do all those things? - by Nanook - January 24, 2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Did you know that you do all those things? - by Nanook - February 04, 2018, 10:43 AM