Bearclaw Valley now that i'm old, i breathe for it
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had missed the cat in the boughs, and as she blinked back the brightness of her surroundings she suddenly felt a chill nip at her neck. she froze as she noticed her hairs stand on end, and slowly turned around in time to watch the svetle and leggy frame of a cat land effortlessly in the snow.

indra had never come this close to a lynx before, and she was immediately captured by the length of the cat's legs and the powerful shape of the cat's haunches. such conformation was so different from her own -- so alien and unknown. she caught herself staring, and brought her gaze to the cat with a sense of apprehensive wonder. her hackles were still raised, but she made no aggressive move.

she was aware this might be another apparition come to haunt her, so she kept her posture still and conserved her energy. she was actually convinced the cat might be an imaginary figment until it mewled a greeting to her. indra's ears cupped forward abruptly and she tilted her head. she had never spoken to anything other than a wolf before and was confused - had the cat just said 'hello'?

"you can talk?" she asked in disbelief -- her wonder fading to confusion as she considered perhaps this was a new trick her troubled mind had delved up.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 23, 2018, 06:48 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - January 27, 2018, 03:08 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 27, 2018, 03:19 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - January 27, 2018, 06:15 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 28, 2018, 11:44 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - January 30, 2018, 12:58 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 30, 2018, 07:53 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - February 02, 2018, 07:27 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - February 03, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - February 04, 2018, 12:08 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - February 04, 2018, 11:45 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - February 08, 2018, 06:17 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - February 11, 2018, 01:06 PM