Bearclaw Valley oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
while indra regretted her impudence towards xan, she did not regret defending her sister. she was sufficiently cowed when xan retaliated -- her ears folded flat to her skull and she hunched her spine downwards and looked away, scurrying towards laurel's flank as she did so. indra cast a sour glance in the direction reigi had headed in, feeling somewhat conflicted about the entire exchange.

the tenderness that she and xan had exchanged moments before seemed a life-time ago, and indra found a forlorn feeling snake around her as she watched laurel and xan's interactions. xan was quick to contest laurel's accusation, but in silence indra agreed with her sister. she watched in disappointment as xan made to follow reigi. her gaze flickered to laurel's in search of vindication -- a shared look between them that was subtle to others but clear in context to each other: neither one of them were good enough.

she found resentment snaring her again; and a poisonous shade of insecurity took ahold of her. she did not like feeling second to anyone or anything and it caused her to feel shunned and isolated.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home? - by Indra - February 11, 2018, 04:36 PM