Bearclaw Valley oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had similar sentiments: that other wolf clearly wanted no part in being with xan, yet he had gone trotting after her like a dutiful dog. she watched his receding form as laurel shouted taunts after him and was struck by how similar their situation was to what had transpired with reek and saena.

once more, they had been forsaken -- once more, someone had the chutzpah to look them in the eye and then leave. indra did not know what was so reprehensibly lacking from the two of them that made wolves compulsed to abandon them, but she was starting to take each interaction as a slight. she was starting to see the world as it really was -- not the world as her idyllic, childish imagination had envisioned it.

everyone sucked. everyone was self-serving, self-interested, self-promoting and self-involved. every single person out there was only looking out for themselves, and fuck the little guys, right? it made a sharp lump catch in her throat as she simmered in thought, stung by the realization.

"just like daddy." she observed, her voice riddled with stingy resentment and a wry sense of humor.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home? - by Indra - February 15, 2018, 06:34 PM