Bearclaw Valley Sleep with one eye open, clutching your pillow tight
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She seemed satisfied with his response and nuzzled him, a gesture he was more than happy to return. When he and olive had met it was this instantaneous connection with no real chance to develop and while he had loved her fiercely they hadn't really had a chance to be together before life decided to separate them. Here he had a woman who he'd already had a chance to learn about and spend time with, who needed him to take it slow and he was happy to do just that. He was happy to simply relax in this moment and not make any more major Revelations. When she kissed him he made a low groan of delight, his eyes squinting shut before she requested he sing to her. "Of course i can....um..lemme think" he said and scooted closer so his body would provide warmth. A good song from his home pack came to him and his gaze softened. He'd sung this song to Oxsana while she slept after birthing their children. He hadn't even thought of it since then...but Onyx was special...he'd sing for her.

"Dún do shúil, a rún mo chroí
A chuid den tsaol, 's a ghrá liom
Dún do shúil, a rún mo chroí
Agus gheobhair feirín amárach

Tá do dheaid ag teacht gan mhoill ón chnoc
Agus cearca fraoich ar láimh leis
Agus codlaidh go ciúin 'do luí sa choid
Agus gheobhair feirín amárach

A chuid den tsaol, 's a ghrá liom
Agus gheobhair feirín amárach"

His voice started out wobbly but then became smooth until his deep baritone crooned softly into the nighttime air. He swayed from side to side a bit, rocking her gently as he sang the same lyrics but In english this time.
"Close your eyes, my love
My worldly joy, my treasure
Close your eyes, my love
And you will get a present tomorrow

Your son is coming from the hills
With game and grouse in plenty
So close your eyes, my love, my joy
And you will get a present tomorrow

Close your eyes, my love
My worldly joy, my treasure
Close your eyes, my love
And you will get a present tomorrow"
when he finished that he fell silent, looking down upon her with a soft expression. It was solidified in that moment, that he would do all he could to make sure nothing went wrong here.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sleep with one eye open, clutching your pillow tight - by Dakarai - February 19, 2018, 08:47 PM