Bearclaw Valley Am I being too greedy by even asking this question
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had hung back enough she could see the moose falter - yet uninjured, she surged forward and grappled with it until its energy was bled from it and the beast fell, thundering -- whilst snow and blood loosed out from under him in a cloud of powder about them.

indra stood by the moose's throat, having lunged for it when the bull first started to stumble. his struggles might have ceased but it appeared her own were far from over -- xan had feasted first, as was his station -- but her subordinate had already fallen to the meat and indra witnessed such disrespect with a sting of surprise and anger.

without laurel present, indra was the next highest ranked wolf in the hunt. she was the next to eat after xan - not reigi, not anyone -- and she would fight for her right tooth and nail to eat second, if it came to it.

the redleaf released her hold on the thick folds of the moose's throat, and stalked towards reigi with her body language authoritative and confident. 

adrenaline still pulsed through her, as did a sense of flushed victory - perhaps it had a hand in the silent confidence in which indra descended upon reigi's form. wordlessly, indra lunged for the back of the woman's neck with teeth bared, attempting to rip her out from the bull's insides and hopefully, fling her into the snow  away from the kill. should the woman retaliate indra would rise to meet her with fangs ready. should reigi fall to her station and wait her turn, indra would discipline her no futher and would instead gorge on the bull's intestines with snarls uttered between each snap of her hungry jaws.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Am I being too greedy by even asking this question - by Xan - February 14, 2018, 04:28 PM
RE: Am I being too greedy by even asking this question - by Indra - March 13, 2018, 01:41 PM