Moonspear in mountains that are stacked with fear.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey's nerves were on edge as she waited for Charon to arrive. She kept her eyes glued on her surroundings, watchful, waiting. Her mind was continuously tempted to wander to Rannoch and to Gannet and to everyone else that she cared about that was affected by this, but she tried hard not to let it. It was too hard to think of those things and keep her nerve.

Instead, she thought of her parents, her siblings. She wondered about them and what they were up to. Most of all what they would think of what she was doing right now, and how they would have handled this situation. It was a feeble distraction, but it did at least give her something to center herself on, as well as some standard to hold herself to in this conversation. That was something she'd been missing in the last two, and something she needed desperately if she was going to hold her own against Charon and against her ever failing confidence.

When her gaze landed on the alpha, her heart spasmed with anxiety. Instinctively, she dropped her posture, but kept her eyes on him. There was something expectant about his demeanor, and in the way he held his tongue instead of giving her the friendly greeting he always had. Liffey's heart began to throb wildly as she realized... He knew. Maybe not everything, and maybe not even the most basic of details... But he knew that Liffey was about to disappoint him.

In that moment, Liffey thought of her mother and the thought kept her tears at bay. Her ears slipped back as she took a breath to begin. "Thanks for coming so quickly," she said, smiling softly and briefly, "There's... There's really no easy way of telling you this, Charon; you've been so good to me and to Rannoch. But we've decided that it's time to move on from Moonspear. We're going to be leaving, to find a new home for ourselves and for our family that.. we're hoping to have."

She was hesitant with her words, more careful than she had been with Gannet. Her friend hadn't given her a chance to explain, and so this time, Liffey took care to make it known first and foremost that she and her mate did this for their family. It was true that Liffey was miserable at Moonspear and it was because of Charon's daughters. But if that were it, then she could've found a way to try harder to make amends with them and to find a way to trust them with her own life. But she wouldn't put Rannoch's kids in this danger, if they were to have any. She wouldn't start a family in a place where she felt so tense and anxious all the time. She wouldn't allow their children to be around wolves who thought it was alright to attack, cripple, and hold prisoner the innocent.

But they didn't need to get into that.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 19, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 20, 2018, 04:39 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 20, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 21, 2018, 02:59 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 21, 2018, 07:57 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 22, 2018, 03:00 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 22, 2018, 08:52 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 23, 2018, 01:57 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 26, 2018, 03:57 AM