Moonspear in mountains that are stacked with fear.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Charon was upset, though she was thankful he didn’t seem too terribly angry. Yet. Her heart began to pound harder as he questioned her. He was clearly offended, but then, quite suddenly and unexpectedly, so too was Liffey.

The Frostfur blinked at the alpha in surprise as he spoke of their debts being yet unpaid. She had never expected that he would feel this was the case. She hadn’t really considered that at all. Both she and Rannoch had worked tirelessly every day to make themselves useful to the pack. What exactly was it Charon expected from them that they hadn’t delivered? 

The topic was a distraction, but she couldn’t help herself. ”I... I’m confused” she admitted, her tone concerned more than anything else, ”You don’t feel that we’ve paid you back for what you did for Rannoch? After all this time?” She swallowed and took a breath, then ”I don’t understand how that could be the case? Rannoch and I both have worked from sun up to sun down every day for weeks now? What is it you feel we haven’t done to pay you back?”

The matter of their need to be paid back for heir generosity also stuck in her craw a bit, but she recognized that they had gone above and beyond for Rannoch when they’d had no obligation to do so. She would always be grateful to them for saving her mate’s life, but there still was always something that sat a little wrong with her about kindness that wasn’t given selflessly, but with expectations. Especially such apparently high ones...

I was thinking the same! Feel free to pop it whenever you want! I’ll look for an opportunity to do the same unless you beat me to it ;)
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 19, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 20, 2018, 04:39 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 20, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 21, 2018, 02:59 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 21, 2018, 07:57 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 22, 2018, 03:00 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 22, 2018, 08:52 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 23, 2018, 01:57 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 26, 2018, 03:57 AM