Moonspear in mountains that are stacked with fear.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
feel free to stop her or PP her away! <33333 ILU I MISS U BE BACK SOON

Okay now he was angry.

Liffey stared at him, frowning in confusion over his words. He didn’t answer her question, not exactly. But she was able to glean from his accusations what it was he had expected, and where it was she has failed him. She hadn’t considered that repayment to the pack had meant to Charon what it did. And she also hadn’t considered that his definition of loyalty was so vastly different from hers. In the blink of an eye, Liffey suddenly saw a very different man standing before her than the one she had loved. He was not the friend she had know, but just a very small man that wanted control and power and was throwing a temper tantrum now because he’d discovered he had none.

That was not the kind of man that deserved her guilt. Liffey felt it slip away from her as she looked at him. She would reserve it for those that did deserve it - Rannoch, Gannet, Terance and Wraen - those caught in the crossfire of her unhappiness with this pack. Her heart throbbed at Rannoch’s call. She was glad for it. One, it had silenced Charon, and two, it meant all of this mess was almost over.

”If loyalty to you means expecting me to never question a single decision you make, no matter how crappy, then you should just be glad that we’re leaving,” Liffey said steadily, her voice and tone remaining calm instead of matching Charon’s, ”And if your members decide to follow us instead of you, maybe you should consider why exactly that is.”

She paused to look sadly at the alpha for a moment before shaking her head. ”Anyway... I felt I owed it to you to tell you this in person. Take care, Charon. Thank you for everything,” Liffey said just before pulling herself up onto all fours and turning to go. She meant her gratitude, but she knew now that it had likely been wasted. But anyway. Her mate was waiting, and it was time to begin moving on.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 19, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 20, 2018, 04:39 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 20, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 21, 2018, 02:59 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 21, 2018, 07:57 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 22, 2018, 03:00 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 22, 2018, 08:52 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 23, 2018, 01:57 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 26, 2018, 03:57 AM