King Elk Forest i will paint you in silver; i will wrap you in cold
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
yeah SORRY I WROTE SO MUCH D:

completely unaware of nathaniel's innermost struggles, even those centered around herself, mona tugged a particularly tight tangle out of the fur that fell over the rochester's shoulder. her eyes were half-closed; like most of her kind, the girl took a particular pleasure in preening her fellows. or, in this case, her fellow.
mona wanted to believe that her ministrations to nathaniel were relaxing in some way, and continued them in the long but comfortable silence that stretched between the pair. from time to time, she caught a glimpse of burke's grave out of one murkwater eye's corner, and chided herself for how she had approached nathaniel at this particular moment in time — but she must let it go, for the man was beside her now; the rochester had not departed nor ordered mona away.
his words stilled the yearling; her own scarlet ears swept forward. his brother. burke was dead; mona felt apprehension curl itself around her heartstrings. did this mean nathaniel would be leaving tindome, now that his father had gone back to the earth?
the firebird swallowed softly; she could not stop him, nor would she. but the burden of it soon grew like a stone in her chest; mona scarcely comprehended the idea that he would leave, this man with hard eyes and a resolute tone, this ... that he would leave her behind. the girl fixed steadfast in her mind a warning not to give in to her selfishness, to disallow herself from speaking, lest she beg him to stay, or take her with him.
it was a warning altogether futile, for in the next moment, the mayfair child lifted herself against the breadth of nathaniel's shoulder and pressed her lips against the side of his jaw, in a gesture that was both aggrieved and edged in something mona could not quite understand. the firebird's ears fell back along her delicate skull and she sought the tormented gaze of the man quickly, quickly, before her nerves utterly betrayed her. mona was going to lose him; he was going to go away; her throat tightened.
don't leave me
[Image: footer3.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i will paint you in silver; i will wrap you in cold - by Mona - February 23, 2018, 02:16 PM