The Heartwood and I can't feel no remorse, and you don't feel nothing back
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
for @Rannoch! <3
She was still, ears flickering atop her head as she waited, watching the hare shortly up ahead. She was too far to make any sort of successful rush at it, but the wind had changed far too early, and it had gotten a hint of her scent. She was still, watching carefully the rabbit's twitching nose, but the ink blot against the snow what too visible. 

She shifted a fraction, and the rabbit was off like a shot, veering wildly through the trees. After a moment, the shadow rose, staring after it one moment longer before turning on her heel and heading perpendicular to the direction the rabbit had gone, still casting around for the few scents she sought in this wood. The underside of her throat was still bloodied and raw, and the rest of her sore; but it was not the physical wounds that placed such a weight on her. Rather, it was the heaviness in her chest she could not rid herself off, no matter how often she attempted to disregard all that had occurred, all he'd said. She'd rather have not cared at all for him, what he said, what he thought, but she wasn't quite there yet, it seemed.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
and I can't feel no remorse, and you don't feel nothing back - by Cassiopeia - February 23, 2018, 05:06 PM