Fox's Glade and I don't feel no remorse, and you can't see past my blinders
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she did not expect him to give the answer he did, and yet some small part of her did. she wavered, a moment, between interest and anger, and for a long while she was silent. only the chattering of the grey jays filled the silence, and even they, when finally she shifted sideways, fluttered off to lurking in the nearby branches. "my father is dead." she knew she did not mean the words when they left her maw, not completely, though there was dull anger in them still. "he died when he left us." unfair still, and this she knew, but she was not interested in being fair. selfish, surely, for her own departure from Moonspear had not been warranted. 

she did not utter the words, but the gaze and it pierced through the space between them was blunt, and questioning, enough. aries had joined blackfeather, her mother - she'd been the last to stay. she did not know what had become of sirius, and wondered if the faded memories of him were even real, sometimes. she had not had the time to ask her mother.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.