The Heartwood color me in gold
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey didn't know what to say, or what to do. She felt compelled to speak, but the words wouldn't come. What do you say to a sister you haven't seen since before you could even fully retain memories? Especially when all Liffey could think was how bizarre to feel so utterly uncomfortable with her littermate. They were supposed to be close. They were supposed to be... They were supposed to be sisters for gods sake. But they were strangers. Complete strangers.

Lucy's voice interrupted the swirl of thoughts that had overwhelmed her mind. She stared blankly for a moment, uncertain of what to say, but only because she didn't really know the answer. "Well, we have an older brother - Eljay," Liffey replied, figuring she may as well just respond honestly with as much as she did know, "And we have one other littermate.. Lagan, another brother. We have four younger siblings too. I uh... I actually can't think of their names. They were barely a week old when I met them and that was almost a year ago. But there were two boys and two girls, I remember. So... Four brothers and two sisters. And maybe more by now, knowing mom."

She hadn't thought too much about what her parents had been up to since she and Rannoch had visited them last Summer. She knew bits and pieces of the turmoil the Caldera had gone through and had wanted to check in on them, but her own conflict with the wolves of Moonspear had prevented that. She assumed though that if Finley hadn't given birth to another litter by now then she was at least pregnant. It didn't bother her really that she didn't know them, not like it bothered her to not know the wolf before her that she had been born beside.

"Do you live around here?" Liffey asked suddenly, "Like.. Are you going somewhere? Are you staying?"

The answer the girl received was non-committal, cold, and seemed to serve as both response and farewell. Liffey felt somehow battered and bruised by the time she turned and headed back to her pack, but resolved in the end to keep this entire meeting to herself. Her mate did not need this in his head, and she wouldn't put it on him. They had other things to think about, and if nothing else had become clear to Liffey, it was that her sister did not hold rebuilding their family as a priority either. Yes, it was better left unmentioned.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
color me in gold - by Lucy - February 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 09, 2018, 05:26 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 12:39 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 10, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 11, 2018, 09:26 AM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 12, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 13, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:37 AM