Wapun Meadow can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra was grateful nikai did not push the matter; she supplied a short nod at his question, recalling their first days in bearclaw's fold. indra had been terrified to meet the bear -- that fear had long since dissipated.

so much since then had changed, too.

while nikai may have thought his words exposed how small his world was, indra envied it. he sounded stable -- his family sounded stable -- what she would give to lead that existence, to never leave it behind. she would have given anything for her and laurel to have that, and for a moment her gaze looked hooded by pain. she struggled to mask it and offered only a slim smile to ward away the troubled expression that had overcome her countenance. "that sounds nice, though." she blurted, having caught the forced way nikai mentioned traveling. "we've been traveling forever. where would you go?" she looked after him curiously, one ear tilted back as she considered how hard it had been for her and laurel to simply subsist without a pack. "aren't you scared?"
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes? - by Indra - March 13, 2018, 11:48 PM
RE: can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes? - by Indra - March 23, 2018, 07:50 PM