Wapun Meadow can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
for a wolf hardly more than two years of age, indra found nikai to be refreshingly erudite. she shouldered his words quietly, consuming them -- he was right, and she knew it. at least he said he was coming back. indra gave him a brief look that suggested she would hold him to his words, intention or not.

she kept repeating what he had said: you can't take care of everyone if you are unhappy. she knew she was unhappy; she knew laurel was unhappy -- but what could be done to change it? their life was not some idle reality in which to slip from; it was an all-consuming, unrelenting reality they could neither flee nor hide from.

"you're very wise, for a wolf who says he hasn't seen much." she finally offered at length, having nothing else to impart but her impression of the dark male. why hadn't he been at bearclaw -- why hadn't they run into him, instead of xan?
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes? - by Indra - March 13, 2018, 11:48 PM
RE: can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes? - by Indra - April 05, 2018, 05:35 PM