Bearclaw Valley sunshine, through the rain and snow
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra knew enough of laurel to know when her sister was putting on a face -- her heart sunk as she saw the misery in laurel's hazel gaze. she tried to offer a smile, anything at all to warm up the desolation she saw simmering in her sister's features. she met her with a few licks under her chin, ears flat to her skull as she stepped back and studied her sister's flank worriedly.

she wanted to ask how are you feeling? but in some sad, strange way, she already knew the answer and did not wish to dredge laurel through the coals of her still-fresh broken heart. she wanted to tell laurel what she had found, more than anything -- but was worried given her sister's condition the news would not be well received.

she choked back a swallow, and started anyway. "i.. i found someone." she looked to the ground and offered a half-smile. "he.. he was here, looking for us. our brother, laurel. not milo.. but someone else." despite the feeling of loss she had first felt to learn of her mother's union, she felt affirmed to know that at least there was someone else, besides the two of them, that could have their backs and fight the world with them. she hoped that in some way laurel could feel the same -- that this was not another iniquitous blow from an unfair world, but perhaps a blessing in disguise.. or some other poetic bullshit. whatever, we have a brother, yo.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Indra - April 01, 2018, 01:12 PM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Laurel - April 04, 2018, 01:42 AM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Indra - April 04, 2018, 07:01 PM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Laurel - April 10, 2018, 01:20 AM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Indra - April 11, 2018, 09:49 PM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Laurel - April 12, 2018, 03:04 AM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Indra - April 14, 2018, 05:40 PM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Laurel - April 17, 2018, 04:53 AM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Indra - April 18, 2018, 08:13 PM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Laurel - April 26, 2018, 02:22 AM
RE: sunshine, through the rain and snow - by Indra - April 28, 2018, 05:44 PM