Bearclaw Valley i. philosophia
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's only post. keeping the amount of puppies she sees vague in case more than one go with reigi.  

indra sat by a bushel of fresh-sprouted redfern, her amber gaze transfixed on the distant mouth of the den. it had not been her intention to linger, but she had trailed an elusive hind through the woods. when it panned past the den laurel had given birth in, indra had been compelled to pause and reflect on the life that had been birthed inside that narrow channel. she felt no fear as she silently observed reigi's abode-- partially because it had been nearly two weeks since reigi's demotion in the ranks, and partially because the den-site held a strange sanctity for her. laurel's puppies had been born here -- whatever strife and turmoil transpired thereafter, it did not dull indra's reverence for the spot in which lucas, piper and wyatt had all taken their first rattling breath.

she told herself she would stay only long enough to see a puppy or two -- instead, she saw reigi's form break over the shadowed egress with a puppy in tow. incorrectly, indra assumed reigi was simply moving them to the den-site -- but why not all of them at once? a crease appeared along her forehead as she peered between the reeds in quiet but engrossed confusion. 

she half-expected to see the woman turn inward, towards the valley's many lush fields -- instead, the tawny wolf marched resolutely out of bearclaw valley.

indra didn't know what to make of such a clipped exit; it would be a few days before she pieced together it was truly a departure. for now, her brow furrowed in slight confusion as she glanced back towards the den, which was presumably still occupied by the puppies left behind.

unwilling to intervene (particularly if xan was around the corner) indra slunk off to mull over what had just transpired.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
i. philosophia - by Reigi - May 06, 2018, 06:52 PM
RE: i. philosophia - by Indra - May 06, 2018, 08:34 PM
RE: i. philosophia - by Maegi - May 06, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: i. philosophia - by Xan - May 11, 2018, 12:58 AM