Heron Lake Plateau take me as i come, 'cause i can't stay long
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Maybe her parents hadn't dubbed her Fire for the intensity of her pelt, but rather for the way she indiscriminately seared everything she touched.

Niamh's posture continued to escalate while Ceara remained dangerously level.  She couldn't help the way Niamh's first reaction stung, but it only showed in the glint in her metallic glare.  If that is all you have seen me do, you are sorely mistaken.  Who d'you think has stepped up since you've been taking care of Screech?  It wasn't the whole truth — in reality, Ceara had been working her ass off since she'd gotten here — but it was enough of the truth to matter.  I've kept the caches pretty full despite there being one hungry mama and one dying boy, and I've made sure the borders are marked.  I've mapped out most of our surrounding territories.  I went on a scouting trip.  But no, you're right, all I've contributed is one duck.

She did not allow Niamh the silence or space she wanted and instead took to asserting herself.  Don't you understand how undeinably selfish that is?  Dude's dying, and you want yourself to be the only one there.  He has family here, real family, bigger than you and me.  And I guess you let them in.  So is your problem with me?  It was the only reasonable conclusion she could draw given the circumstances and although she did not want that to be the case... with the way things were going down, Ceara was going to have a problem with Niamh if she kept this tough act up.

Remember yours.  The duty of Gamma isn't to shut down everyone who disagrees with you.  I haven't done anything other than stand up for myself.  Look at me, you've got your teeth out and all I'm doing is standing here and makin' words.  And if that is overstepping to you, maybe you need to re-evaluate yourself.

Messages In This Thread
take me as i come, 'cause i can't stay long - by Fire - June 06, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: take me as i come, 'cause i can't stay long - by Fire - June 16, 2018, 12:55 AM