Qeya River i'm fixing a hole
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Set for the 18th

That was that. She'd done it, left the Sanctuary at last. It had been something she'd been thinking about for a while, but her conversation with Alarian had brought it to a head. It was clear that home was no longer home. . .maybe it never had been. But there was a place she'd once called home, and she was confident they'd welcome her in with open arms.

She tried to eat the rabbit Alarian had given her, but the thought of food turned her stomach, so she'd pushed it away. Saving it for later. She was, however, quite thirsty, and the banks of the Qeya called to her, the bubbling stream music to her ears. 

Carefully, she made her way down the bank, lapping at the icy water. The wind on the open area ruffled her pelt, and she shivered. She suddenly longed for her warm den, tucked in close to her friends. Lily sighed, breath stirring the surface of the water. 

Rustling nearby turned her ear, but she paid it no heed, continuing to drink. A moment later, out of nowhere, a rabbit burst from the brush right beside her, hopping down the bank. The movement startled her so much she slipped, catching her weight on her left forepaw. . .the ankle of which promptly twisted and broke with a sickening snap.

Before she could even so much as curse her bad luck, she lost her balance and tumbled into the water. With all four legs intact, she was a competent swimmer, but her left front dangled and burned, useless. The swift current tugged her under the surface, and she held her breath, lungs burning until she was able to break her muzzle above the water again. She had a moment to gasp before she was submerged again, careening down the rapids. 

There was no time to think, to reflect. She was dying, and unless she could muster the strength to swim to the bank or was rescued by some Good Samaritan, she would leave this world drowned or frozen.

Likely both.
Messages In This Thread
i'm fixing a hole - by Lily - June 16, 2018, 02:30 AM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Dawn - June 16, 2018, 09:13 AM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Vilkas - June 16, 2018, 10:43 AM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Lily - June 17, 2018, 02:01 AM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Dawn - June 17, 2018, 02:53 PM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Vilkas - June 18, 2018, 04:11 AM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Dawn - June 22, 2018, 09:35 PM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Vilkas - June 23, 2018, 05:24 AM
RE: i'm fixing a hole - by Lily - June 23, 2018, 05:22 PM