Neverwinter Forest holy water running dry
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He found little change in the gaze she held on him. Her words carried concern, the sort with evey intent to aid and for as good natured as it was he wondered if it were really the answer to fix things. For him in regards to answering to someone else, it was very much like being collared and tethered; it was hard to remain objective when he had nothing but his own experiences to stack the deck of possibilities too. It had not helped the cause that his tenure with Moonspear had been steeped in messy business, business that he had aided in his own way however distantly in the background. The affairs of others were not quite his cup of tea, unless he had something from them to gain.

Family, of course, remained the exception.

"In this case, yes," came his vague response which he sought to narrow. "These wounds are not of the physical sort." He did not believe the answer to be in the company of others, not when the ordeal she had been through had happened in that same sort of company. It was more than that however, for he wondered how she would respond to other children when guilt of losing her own was still just beneath the surface; he wondered how she would have been looked upon for her actions, should they too have been brought to light. It seemed a better route to go to simply go and cross what came when they approached it. It wasn't the best plan, but it was the best he could provide.

His head bowed towards the earth as another rumble of thunder passed, considerations piling high. It felt as though things were at the tipping point, not so much in what he would do as what she would do. It was this notion that she would deem her efforts as futile and turn tail, and he was not quite ready to let her slip away. He searched for words that were all too difficult to find, this chance meeting having rendered him and his charm mute. He was less of a snake charmer now than he was a wolf caught in a snare, not quite able to decide between what he wanted and what was best.

"While I do miss your companionship greatly, I have my doubts that I would be a welcome face. That is something I'm not inclined to put her through, as we both have not had the best experiences in history with such things," and now he had moved to careful choices with his words. Hydra he knew would take him, but her father was another story, and he did not wish to actively seek rough scorn from the bespeckled patriarch. Especially given his inclination to do as he pleased.
Messages In This Thread
holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 16, 2018, 03:15 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 17, 2018, 10:36 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 18, 2018, 02:47 AM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 18, 2018, 09:29 AM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 18, 2018, 04:21 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 19, 2018, 10:51 AM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 19, 2018, 02:46 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 19, 2018, 05:10 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 19, 2018, 05:57 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 19, 2018, 09:20 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 19, 2018, 11:27 PM