The Sunspire am i being proud of you too loud.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The moment Rannoch left, Liffey began to regret it. She struggled hard not to call him back in, knowing she would likely just throw him out again. She was such a disaster and had been throughout the entirety of her pregnancy. Her mate had been absurdly patient and supportive through it all and she repaid him in full by being even more of a hot damn mess at every turn. Even know, she struggled not to sob and wail and rage about ever agreeing to carry children in the first place, but that was a feeling that would only last another few minutes before she remembered her mate outside and remembered why she had wanted this - for him.

And then about ten minutes after she calmed down, she'd be flipping her shit again, eventually shifting to keep pace with when she was and wasn't having contractions. At least Liffey is consistent.

It felt like hours before there was finally a shift in her experience. She'd tried to busy herself by digging at the bedding she had so precariously placed, placing it precariously again, and then tearing it all apart and starting over. It had done little to make time go faster. By the time the first pup came, Liffey's nerves had laid waste to her senses, which actually was a good thing as otherwise, instinct may never have had a chance to jump into her brain and begin guiding her actions. Lord knows she was not equipped to manage it otherwise.

The first pup was a tiny thing. She came easily into the world - so easy that Liffey had been very uncertain it had happened at all. But she nabbed the little pup and cleaned her up well and tucked her in to nurse for a bit, only to stand quite suddenly and prepare for the next.

The second daughter was more difficult, and once she was out in the world, Liffey could understand quite plainly why the experience had been so different. This one was bigger, Liffey noted as she did her wolfy motherly duties for the newborn. She looked to compare them as she picked up Two in her jaws to move her over to her sister, but was grasped instead by panic when she didn't immediately see her firstborn anywhere. When she found the tiny girl a few seconds later and set the other down to complete the set, it was very clear - One was a runt. Unless Two was just a behemoth...

Daughter number three arrived soon enough to support Liffey's assessment, but she barely noticed by then. The shock of seeing the bold colors of Three in comparison to the more muted tones of One and Two was a distraction. Liffey wedged Three between the others to better be able to marvel at her before curling herself around them and nudging them to her belly. She grimaced as they began to tug at her, finding it not at all pleasant and a little annoying. She began to wonder how long they would do this to her (only a couple of days, surely??) as her stomach cramped again and she was up for another round.

Four was a battle of stamina. Liffey paced around her newborns, panting so hard she figured her lungs were likely to rattle out of her chest at any moment. Tears began to stream down her cheeks as despair threatened to take her over this last one as she struggled and struggled to get this one out of her. Either it really did NOT want to cooperate, or she was simply too weak from exhaustion for this fight. Regardless, Liffey knew that giving up was not an option. Even when she decided to just let the little jerk stay inside of her and collapse next to her GOOD children, she was up again shortly. Four was coming out, whether either of them liked it or not.

When finally, FINALLY, the last little wolf arrived, Liffey breathed a gratified cry. A son. A son for her mate. She smiled then, not really understanding until just then how desperate she'd been to give Rannoch a son. But there he was - small, warm, and perfect. A handsome little prince now cradled beside her three princesses. When Liffey tucked them against her this time, she knew there would be no more. And when they began to tug at her again, it somehow bothered her less. She grinned down at them for a moment before leaning in to give them another thorough grooming, wanting them to look perfect for when she eventually called their papa in to come meet them.
I BORNDED YOUS EARLY @Wisteria @Remi @Breccan and DJ when you gots an account
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
am i being proud of you too loud. - by Liffey - June 17, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: am i being proud of you too loud. - by Liffey - June 21, 2018, 06:21 PM
RE: am i being proud of you too loud. - by Liffey - June 21, 2018, 07:41 PM
RE: am i being proud of you too loud. - by Wisteria - June 21, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: am i being proud of you too loud. - by Breccan - June 21, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: am i being proud of you too loud. - by Remi - June 22, 2018, 08:21 PM