Blacktail Deer Plateau i'm pulling down stars just to make you glow
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
"you're sweet," saarthal smiled softly, turning so as to meet mallaidh's silvery green gaze. the colour didn't shift and though she still had the whole night, a part of her was secretly delighted - a joy born from fear and apprehension and excitement. "cute," she murmured quietly in afterthought, lips tilting up on their own accord. there was a brief second where her eyes flickered to the sky, copper orbs reflecting the flashing white lights in the night sky above before they landed back on the other girl once again.

just to see mallaidh - finally - inching closer. saarth's breath hitched in the back of her throat and she swallowed thickly, blinking because god, she's beautiful and i really like dates and in the back of her mind, the memory of an assertive, dominant max in charge flitted over her mind because she still wasn't over how hot it was and maybe she should take her out on a date as well because like...damn girl BUT dude, get your shit together, you're on a date with the ever so elusive mallaidh who you have a mini, not so mini crush on, you need to charm her now because you're probably going to need like a dozen more secret clearings and trees and wait several years to get her on a date again.

"storytime!" the words came out a bit breathless and she turned to look at the sky (because what the fuck is going on? like, really?? and i'm gonna talk so it's not awkward and weird and yeah) "my dad told me that the stars, the constellations they form, they're put there by the gods to commemorate heroes or tragic, heroic events. sometimes, the soul of the heroes are put into stardust and placed in the sky," a softness overtook the roman's features, the tense facial muscles slackening and relaxing as the memory and familiarity of the sky and home flooded over. "i remember wanting to be a hero because i wanted to be in the sky," saarthal glanced over at mallaidh, a reflective smile adorning her lips, "i guess it was because looking at the stars at night always reassured me, like there was someone above looking out for me, a hero, you know, to save me. i wanted to save others too - i know, it's stupid," she laughed, the sound amused and light-hearted and just a tiny bit melancholic. "anyway, i'm anything but a hero so..." saarth trailed off, absentmindedly staring at mallaidh, quietly mapping out her face with attentive copper eyes whilst almost subconsciously leaning closer. 

"you're a hero, though, mallaidh. knowing you're around...i know we can count on you, we all know we can count on you. but, you know, you can count on us, too. your burdens...they don't have to be yours alone. heroes need to share the weights of their worlds too or they wouldn't survive. and we're here for you. i'm here for you. and you don't have to be alone." 

she was acutely aware she was rambling. her train of thought miles away from their previous topic. but there was something about mallaidh's eyes, and the pressure over her chest was too strong, forcing all the too sweet, too real, too vulnerable words out.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm pulling down stars just to make you glow - by Saarthal - July 10, 2018, 05:54 PM