Heron Lake Plateau Long in the tooth but harmless as can be
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Qui's comment didn't go over entirely well.  Colt took a small step back at the tone, and his ears pinned back, though he refrained from saying anything else.  What the fuck did Qui know about it, then?  He'd just spilled his fuckin guts to his friend and that was the reaction he got?  Humor he could do.  Confusion he could do.  Irritation he hadn't been expecting, and while he listened to the rest of what he had to say, it cemented the fact that maybe coming to him had been a mistake.

When he brought it back to his situation with Raven again, Colt frowned, and he shook his head.  He was comin back to that, because he was frustrated, and last time he'd watched what he said.  This time he wasn't.  There wasn't frustration in his voice as he said it, though - just an edge of regret.

"Loop back now.  Because I tell you what - you can't let 'almost' screw you up like that.  When the time comes, you won't be able to do shit but watch it, and after, all your gonna have is now.  This.  And if you spend it worrying about 'almost', your gonna be shit outta luck."  He shook his head.  If Quixote got mad at him for that, that was his prerogative.

"It isn't as simple as what you say, but maybe now isn't a good time.  Sorry for bothering you with it."  He said, somewhat quietly, and made to walk off.  He'd sort it out himself, maybe.  He could try taking his own advice, enjoying it while it lasted and all that.  But still, he couldn't help the feeling that it wasn't fair to her, doin the dance when his heart was stuck on something gone.
Messages In This Thread
Long in the tooth but harmless as can be - by Colt RIP - July 03, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Long in the tooth but harmless as can be - by Colt RIP - July 08, 2018, 07:52 PM