Alpine Lake i'm just looking for something to soften the blow
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Being caught unaware out in the open was something that rarely happened to him. He had been aware of the thunderheads and their distance, yet for hours into the day they had seem content with going out to sea; thunder had been a distant rumble here and there but nary a drop of rain had met his coat as he made the climb up to the lake again.

It had only been when those very clouds eclipsed the sun and the thunder was not so distant that he had decided to retire from the vista—it was a moment not too late his feet touched solid earth rather than loose shale that the first few rain drops started their rhythmic pattering. Even that descended into chaos when the wind picked up. Dirge grimaced; there was little in the way of cover here and even less desire to try the path back down to the forests. He'd have to wait it out.

Pressing against a jutting slab that seemed remotely out of the wind, he stole a glance skyward to the rolling of the clouds over him. They were dark and thick and would have seemed ominous to him if he believed in such things as omens, though admittedly a thunderstorm was ominous enough in an exposed place. He moved along at the next flash of lightning, his steps hasty but careful as he turned over loose stones in his path.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm just looking for something to soften the blow - by Dirge - July 03, 2018, 11:25 PM