Alpine Lake i'm just looking for something to soften the blow
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
As she lighted on what territories she thought he meant, he found himself amused with the notion of the weald being the forest to swallow them whole. He had not thought of it that way, though perhaps it did have suffocating qualities to it... if one felt claustrophobic. It was the density and figurative depth that he liked, but that was hardly the driving reason to stay there. So in that brief lull, he only commented: "Well it hasn't burnt to the ground." She could figure the rest.

"So you're a jack of all trades, master of none, and the like," he went on to comment when her voice had ebbed away into the din. They at least had that much in common as he felt the same. It was easy to pick out a strength and run with it for the sake of seeming useful, but it also paid to be a little bit of everything. Survival hinged on it either way and for him, it was necessary to be as good of a hunter as he was a scout, but also capable enough to know what to do when neither skill could keep his hide removed from teeth and trouble.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm just looking for something to soften the blow - by Dirge - July 09, 2018, 03:28 PM