Alpine Lake i'm just looking for something to soften the blow
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He shifted quietly as she sought to stand clear of the cold rain as it blew it, though it made little difference to their joined predicament. The crevice of a cavern they took refuge in was hardly meant for two amd the storm cared little for their shelter and whether or not it would dry them.

"A little rain never harmed anyone," he said, once more setting his gaze to the deluge outside. It was hardly the rain that concerned him, but rather the wind and blinding flashes of white hot lightning. Those things were enough to even send the birds to ground or to proper roost; no sensible creature would wander during a volatile squall.

It did however, put a damper to travels.

"At least we don't need to worry about being washed away and left stranded in some gully." That would have been unfortunate for them both, whether they drowned or washed up disoriented in whatever debris was strewn about. But the storm did not rage on long afterwards, and once it had passed Dirge went on his way back to the weald. He would have to explore the hinterlands again another time.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm just looking for something to soften the blow - by Dirge - July 27, 2018, 02:47 AM