Swiftcurrent Creek the light goes out, my heart goes still and just like that, i believe in ghosts
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
sorry for the brevity huehueheu @Wylla 
it was late in the night when a grumbly in Tiercel’s tumbly roused her from sleep.  curled up in the tilde of Wylla’s hip with her mouth popped on one of her teats (security blanket who? she had a security boob), she startled awake as the loud grrrrrrrow trundled through her belly. prying her gob off her mom, Tiercel looked pointedly and disapprovingly at her stomach, then towards the moonlit threshold that led out to the crepuscular glade. she knew she wasn’t allowed to go outside by herself at night or there’d be a lecture to the tune of “take one step outside that door and it’s all over”, but what options did she have? 

the girl looked back to the slow rising and falling form of her mother and squirmed anxiously, trying to the wring the urge to go out of her body--but she reaaaaallly needed to! and using their immaculate sleeping quarters as a lavatory was an offense worse than just slipping outside for a second to take care of things. given that whole “lesser of two evils” principle of yore, who could really argue with her rationale?  

carefully considering the option most likely to lead to the most desirable outcome for her (chiefly, remaining un-yelled at), the child lifted her head to peek over her mother’s elbow, peering down to appraise the extent of her consciousness. her stomach rolled again and Tiercel drew herself tense, suddenly aware that conditions were escalating into “potential incident” territory. damn her hedonism. damn midnight snacks. damn the snack bar for being so readily available. she couldn’t hold over until morning, much less five minutes, so she galumphed into action, pulling from the safety of the holt to greet the moon with wide-eyed wonder. her paws made tentative, practiced steps into the spill of moonshine, carting her quietly across the clearing and over to the throng of trees that marked her boundary for exploration. 

minding this perimeter with utmost obedience, she assumed the position, a sleepy yawn splitting her jaws as she did so, when--hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo; a voice materialized from somewhere in the darkness. smoky ears joined swiftly together and her eyes writ large as she scanned the dark for the commentator, tail clinging like a lichen on a rock against her undersides. hoo-hoo-hooooo boy, wasn’t that fun? it would sure be a whole lot more fun if mom was around. Tiercel was quick to defect from the choice she’d made to revolutionize the conditions under which her freedom was set, tumbling back into the den and diving under Wylla’s armpit with a squeal, legs striving to press her as closely into the security of her warden's embrace as possible.  

and damn it, the urge to go was still accounted for.
1/3 threads. lowp, tag 2 manifest
Messages In This Thread
the light goes out, my heart goes still and just like that, i believe in ghosts - by Tiercel - July 04, 2018, 04:10 PM