Duskfire Glacier in spite of the uneven odds, beauty lifts from the earth
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
AHH !! <3

She couldn't help the careful grin that slipped across her face when Siarut agreed, and she breathed in, allowing the heat of his eyes to thaw her anxious step as she turned to the sky, to the stars, to the lights, and willed them to lead her, as they had always proved so faithful to do. And as she moved with them, the levity returned, the sensation of soaring, as if she had ascended to the heavens to dance her way through the lights themselves; as if she could touch them, and the quiet hum of a song lulled in the depths of her throat, her heart lost in the rhythm and the sound of Siarut's careful steps across from hers.

Nanook remembered the last time she had danced like this. It had been the night Nanurjak had passed, when the sun had set and the pack had gathered to celebrate her life in the company of the stars. Nanook had joined them, for a time, but eventually had slipped away to wander, and to gaze at the heavens that shone so brightly for her. That was when she had first danced alone, a commemoration of the end of something great, and the beginning of something she hadn't had the eyes to see.

But as her gaze traced the colours of the sky tonight, vibrant and green, she tracked down until she rested on her partner and grazed the like colour of his eyes. He rose and fell with the rhythm she offered, the steps she borrowed from the lights, and soon her movements shifted, and she placed her steps in the patterns he set across the ground. They were different than Nanurjak's, and different, from her own. But they were his, and the slightest laugh spilled from her mouth as she wove through his steps to try them for herself.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread