The Sunspire I'm a creeper in a bathroom 'cause my buddy kinda left me alone
55 Posts
Ooc —
Tacking on an ending at player's request.

Before she really knew what was happening, Hyacinth had hoisted her into the air and carried her back up the slope. She was held still and her limb was pressed too tightly to her chest to be jostled much, but she still wailed the whole time from discomfort alone. The pain was beginning to subside, replaced by a vaguely numbing sensation she would come to know as tolerance; the shock of it had worn off, but she could tell there was something not right about her leg.

So when she was deposited on the ground, Wisp kept it crooked up against her sternum. Hyacinth ducked low and began speaking and Wisp watched her with a wary and pained expression, understanding only a fraction of what was said. Her dark gold ears tipped toward the adult, but any attempt at eye contact was fruitless, for Wisp actively avoided making it. She stared instead at a spot on Hyacinth's jaw, where the fur was longer and feathery.

She shifted and bumped her leg and started from the jolt of pain that crept through her; that was all it took for the waterworks to start again. Eventually Hyacinth gave up on trying to calm her down with soothing words and comforting gestures and merely took her back to the den, where she offered half a crushed poppy seed, lulling Wisp halfway to sleep. Thus calmed, the healer bound two appropriately sized sticks to the sides of the pup's injured wrist with tightly wrapped cattail reeds and sap to keep them together. Once finished, the pack medic delivered the dozing babe to Liffey, who comforted her until she fell properly asleep with her injured limb held aloft.
THREADS: 5/5
Messages In This Thread