Duskfire Glacier I will be your sword and shield
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She was a ways from the summit when Siarut's howl touched the air, and a ways away from every voice which followed, yet the song pushed through the lupine meadow and encompassed her as if she were there.

Nanook closed her eyes, and for a brief moment, simply breathed and allowed the voices to surround around her. Once before, the Glacier had marked a new beginning. Polaris had led her beyond Duskfire, where the wayward warrior had found her way in the wild tundra of the North. She had been young then, selfish, with no sense of family and no weight of the charge she held in simply being alive.

She had learned since then, little by little, and always learning more. The stars watched as a witness to the claim the Northerners placed on this land, and they would stand witness as she tipped her head back and allowed her voice to find a place in their song. A part of her knew she would never truly belong here; on a mountain of giants, she was a dwarf. She carried a name these Northerners ran from, and Nanook knew this family didn't trust her - and yet, this made her voice surge all the stronger. There lay a challenge here worth the effort, and she would run toward this family with the spirit of the North and the fire of the South, no matter how long it took.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
I will be your sword and shield - by Siarut - August 12, 2018, 01:36 PM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Mirabelle - August 12, 2018, 01:37 PM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Aqakuktuq - August 12, 2018, 01:50 PM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Takiyok - August 12, 2018, 02:03 PM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Tahani - August 13, 2018, 01:28 AM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Uki - August 13, 2018, 08:52 AM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Shivali - August 13, 2018, 12:13 PM
RE: I will be your sword and shield - by Nanook - August 14, 2018, 07:18 PM