Felltree Marsh but i've wandered much further today than i should
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Private 
Her sister dropped away in Bat's rear view mirror as she followed the distant sound of running water. It led her through a thick tangle of trees, an obstacle which would've thwarted the lazy youngster if not for the promising tinkle of a refreshing swim. She bore through (not without a few grunts for the effort) and was rewarded by the sight of a shimmering stream. With a light laugh, Bat leaped toward the shallows, the sound of splashing soon filling the air.

The hour grew late, the shadows lengthening, and finally the Goufa paused midstream and took notice of the dimming sunlight. She felt a little jolt and made to jump out of the water, only to freeze with one paw crooked in the air and look from one bank to the other in confusion. Which way had she come? They looked much the same to her. Eventually, she decided the one side looked a little more familiar than the other, so she waded onto the shore and began picking her way, presumably, back toward Drageda.

Only she'd gotten turned around while playing in the creek and Bat unknowingly headed in the wrong direction entirely. But Bat didn't realize she was lost until the trees grew sparse and she found herself gazing at a totally foreign marshland. The Goufa stopped and blinked, her bones going to jelly both with exhaustion and fear. She slumped onto her hindquarters, trying her best to maintain her chill even as stars began poking out of the dusky skies overhead.

*squees at @Tegan*
Messages In This Thread
but i've wandered much further today than i should - by Bat - August 13, 2018, 08:14 PM