Serpent Lake i can feel a kick down in my soul
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
if you go back...let's say thousands of years ago, you'd find wolves had not evolved quite as far as they had today. the primal instincts that tended to threaten to over take during the thrill of the hunt, in a fight to the death -you name it- was what completely ruled them. they didn't speak to each other, communicated simply with grunts and signals and would literally go into some kind of frenzy at the faintest whiff of blood.

she had to admit, she felt no different from their ancestors now as she felt the slow drip of his metallic blood drop onto her salmony tongue. it sent her mind spiralling completely out of her desperate clutch, her breathing growing more rugged and franctic- but for what? The rumbles threatening to break surface deep  within his bleeding throat grew more intense, giving her the faint knowledge that she was on the verge of something. what it was she of course had no fucking clue and whether it was actually something she should want to accomplish grew shadier still. and yet she could not stop herself- continuing to push at the boundaries almost giddily. a word that had never been used to describe the soldier. 

it was almost funny really, how instincts were supposedly implanted there to drive them forward and keep them alive and yet it was those very controls that had driven her right into this potentially dangerous web of a situation. with each fainter struggle of her mind it seemed the web just wound closer, trapping her against this man and he against her. it was if she were hooked to an electrical current, each careful moment always assisted with a buzzing shakiness that begged her to let go of such precise movements and give in..let go of all control and just...just what? it was growing frustrating how her mind seemed only able to parrot back unanswerable questions and in turn seemed to help aid this darker primal instinct into shutting it up. if she were in a movie now she'd have two little figures perched on her shoulders- the weakening little angel trying to whisper in her ear to awaken the common sense that lay abandoned and dead somewhere too far to reach. the little devil on the other side would appear as strong as ever as it continued to push her wordlessly into this little dance with its stupid cocky grin.

the words hissing from his oh so close jaws penetrated her ears with ease despite how they lay flat against her head and each syllable left a shiver running down her spine as if each word physically pricked her. so when his jaws found themselves fastening to the back of her neck her body felt like it was on fucking fire. perhaps he was the electrical current she was hooked to and now she was close to over loading and exploding, taking out anything nearby with her. despite the dull ache where nerves tried to warn her of the disturbance, the painful exhileration flowing through her veins was so much stronger. as he applied pressure she resisted but not as much as she could /should/. her heart bet so hard against her chest she could swear it was going to break free as a soft growl slipped between pearly fangs.

yet she was quite suddenly hit by a memory in a desperate last move of her weakly fighting mind. for last time she'd felt so out of control she'd....she squeezed her eyes shut only to find that made it worse- the images more intense. so many bodies and so much fucking blood, suddenly the metallic taste in her own mouth tasted aboslutely sickening and it was whilst clinging to that memory she felt her mind grow stronger with its success and quite suddenly an angered thought rose to the surface. 'what the fuck am i doing?" it was with that simple question that she tore free- not caring for the tearing sensation at the back of her neck as she pulled herself away from him- breaking the contact. 

somehow the action both left her feeling a dizzy confusion alongside an increasing strength for she'd been wrong the whole time hadn't she. she'd spent the whole time thinking winning meant lasting the longest but had that just been an excuse to keep playing- wasn't winning actually being the one with the power to break free of the drug that had intoxicated them both? perhaps not to him but she felt confident in her decision as she stood tall despite the undeniable weakness in her heavy limbs as the adrenaline that had fueled her took its leave. the back of her neck surely stung now but it wasn't hard to ignore- she'd endured much worse- and she simply kept her dark eyes fixed wordlessly on the man. 

she had to admit- there was still something flickering uneasily in the depths of her stomach at the sight of him, something she certainly could not explain and chose to do everything in her power to ignore it as dark doll-eyes meet his icy gaze challengingly- creamy muzzle still stained red where his blood had stained the pure fur. it was at this that she'd turn wordlessly and depart with movements as phantom like as those she'd arrived with- she was pretty sure he wouldn't try to follow but her ears remained tilted back to listen for any movements just in case. for if this had taught her anything it was to definitely expect the unexpected. 

and even as she moved she was aware of one thing- that although she knew nothing about him not even a name, she was most definitely not going to forget him as much as part of her would like to.
oh my sorry for the length! this will be an attempted exit unless aries tries to stop her so you can decide with your next post! definitely will be down for another thread between them at some point c:
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - August 15, 2018, 10:05 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - August 15, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - August 20, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - August 23, 2018, 05:59 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - August 23, 2018, 07:23 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - August 23, 2018, 07:19 PM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - September 16, 2018, 12:16 PM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - September 29, 2018, 06:43 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - September 29, 2018, 08:21 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - September 29, 2018, 04:45 PM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - September 30, 2018, 11:54 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - October 05, 2018, 12:22 PM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - October 08, 2018, 07:13 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - October 13, 2018, 08:06 PM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - November 04, 2018, 08:11 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Tundra - November 04, 2018, 10:52 AM
RE: i can feel a kick down in my soul - by Aries - November 21, 2018, 03:12 PM