Blacktail Deer Plateau "It is our choices that show us who we really are"
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Both leaders agreed; all pack members have an equal say in pack decisions. Such a concept was almost unfathomable to Rue, and she wondered if "democracy" was the sort of thing that worked better in theory than in practice. She was intrigued, and she knew that the only way to truly understand how this pack ran its democracy was to be a part of it. 

Oddly, the leaders had slightly different takes on how ranks were assigned. One said according to longevity, and the other said according to contribution. Rue would start out at the bottom of the ranks no matter what, but she was curious how quickly she would rise once she was making a steady contribution to the pack. Would she rise up past packmates who had been members longer? Wouldn't that be uncomfortable? Rue knew that she would cede a rank immediately if someone were to challenge her-- if a title was that important to someone, she wouldn't stand in their way.  She had to wonder again what purpose the ranks really held, if every wolf truly has an equal voice in decision-making. "So a rank is primarily a.. symbol of respect?" she ventured. 

Both of them seemed to believe that Rue would make a valuable addition to their ranks, and though Rue was surprised they thought so she certainly wan't going to argue with them. She had been honest and upfront about her skillset (or lack thereof) and since they were still inclined to take a chance on her, she would just have to make herself into a wolf who worthy of such a chance.  

Rue's ears flattened at the praise that she recieved from the pair. It was a bit embarassing for her to have such a meager offering lauded, but she knew they only did it out of kindness. They both had an air of straightforward kindness that was terribly difficult to find out in the world, as Rue had discovered. 

"Thank you both. I.. I'm honored." Rue's eyes flicked downward. She was at a loss for words for how to express the amount of gratitude she felt towards two relative strangers willing to take a chance on her. "..Thank you," she said again. "I would very much like to join you."

Rue took a steadying breath and looked back up. "I'm looking forward to meeting Grezig and the others. Is there a densite or.. or a place where the pack congregates?" As she made eye contact with Liri and Kavik, the realization slowly dawned upon her that they now continued this conversation as packmates. As one family member to another. The thought made her smile-- it was a small smile, but certainly a genuine one. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: "It is our choices that show us who we really are" - by Ruenna - September 10, 2018, 06:30 PM