Stone Circle Lay me down to sleep
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
A surge of sorrow tore through his chest again, seeing the way she slumped, and retched, and heaved. His love's time was closing in, but her words left him almost stunned - a warm feeling rose in his stomach and it took the man but a moment to place a name; proud. Mawk was proud of her. She had done all she could with what she had been given, and life had dealt her the difficult cards, the ones that others dreaded. Cebra had fought long and hard, and he was immensly proud of what she had achieved. Her passing would never be forgotten, and he swore to tell her story to whoever would listen. "Yes... yes you did."

She began to cough again, chest heaving with the blood that splattered from her maw - she tried to hide it from him, but it was not something that could be masked so easily. The sounds filled his ears and the scent of sickness plagued his leathery nose, but the scout did not leave. Her begging only kept him closer, brushing his tongue tenderly across her forehead, aiming to soothe her as best he could. "I-I won't go. I promise you I won't go."

Onyx...we haven't seen her in a long time.

Mawk's heart gave another pang of regret, of guilt - he ought to seek out his sister, it was true, but he must stay with his mate for her last breath. For now, it was all that mattered. But, in promise, the man quickly uttered his word, "Yes, I will seek her out. I'll tell her how brave you were... how brave you are." Then she gave him her thanks, and his eyes began to widen as her own closed, embracing at last the warm blanket of darkness that came with death, the peace of resting with the earth.

He was still, almost as still as she was; the silence was crushing, but he felt a glimmer of relief that she had found tranquility at last for all her troubles. She was safe now, even if the tears did roll down his cheeks. Even if his heart wanted to burst.

"I love you, Illecebra. Forever and always."

Thank you for playing Cebra the way you did! I absolutely adore her (and mawk does too), so it's sad to see her go but we had some amazing threads and i'm overjoyed to have been able to steal so many of them. I had great fun, and I hope you did too! RIP Illecebra <3
Messages In This Thread
Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 26, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 26, 2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 28, 2018, 11:24 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 29, 2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 31, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 31, 2018, 01:25 PM