Firefly Glen We'll be alright if you don't ask me to stay
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Hydra had left the mountains for the forests beyond, and he followed.

There was little surprise there—the two had been inseparable for days, for a number of good reasons. But even this change in her routine was enough to further pique his interest, where before he may have been slightly inclined to let her roam on her own for a snippet here and there. Leaving the mountain was another matter altogether, though as he trailed behind her at his own pace, he learned there was a reason for this.

Her scent he was familiar with, down to ever subtle nuance she could have provided. Out here, another had begun to mix in with it in the wake he trailed in. Familiar. Sweeter, maybe; a certain fragrance that tied neatly into the season. It hastened him in part of curiosity, but also in wonder of who she pursued, and why. Truth be told, he thought he knew why she'd gone out there after the other, and had narrowed them down to an option he thought most likely: she'd gone out there to run them off.

In spite of every inclination he had to stray and the mute stance of temptation to simmer within, he found himself content as he happened upon the pair of wolves. Hydra did not rebuke him now as she had before; his wants and needs were fulfilled just as often as he could fill her own, again and again.

His gaze lingered over Speedy only momentarily, for the razorbacked appearance of Revui stole his focus away, and discomfort rippled across him for reasons he could not entirely place. Through the narrow trails of the glen he approached, but it curtailed to linger along the fringes of the scene beginning to unfold before him. Uncertain in action, but there; his gaze flicked to Hydra questioning. These were not their grounds.

The air felt tense.

hi i'm not dad but i'm here
Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll be alright if you don't ask me to stay - by Dirge - April 25, 2019, 09:51 PM