Dragoncrest Cliffs But the things I've seen in Scarlet Town did mortify my soul
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska stood before Rosencrantz with a dark scowl on her features. Her lips were tight lined as he avoided her question, opting instead to ask of her own season. "Why you asking? You wanna fuck me too?" Raleska shot back instantly, her riposte lashing with the pointed edge of a viper's fang.

All of Raleska's smugness handling so deft a blow faded away as Rosencrantz spoke to her of her own misdeeds. Her scowl transformed into something raw and ugly -- her eyes lost their hard lines and melted into hurt. How did he know? That was supposed to be a secret -- as far as Raleska knew, only Erzulie and Rosalyn held the truth to their heart. Had they told him?

How could they?

Rosencrantz's well-aimed spear thrust through her heart. The trust she had built for her surrogate mothers began to wither away, replaced then by a deep sense of irrevocable betrayal. They had told him and in doing so, had broken the last good thing Raleska felt she had in her life.

Her muzzle twisted into a snarl. "You fucking arrogant piece of shit." She had almost died that day that she delivered her children. She had wanted to leave them to drown in Ankyra, so they were no one's burden -- how was she supposed to know strangers and friends of old would come and save her, and by proxy, them? She hadn't been any more fit to raise them than a rock -- and it had taken months for her to heal. Knowing this, Raleska had forfeited her children -- who the fuck was he to come in and point fingers at her? She had stayed, at least. She had never left Rusalka.

Raleska felt her hold on her brimming anger slipping. Without thinking of the repercussions, Raleska lunged for Rosencrantz's disfigured face in a bid for his remaining eye. She hoped he spent the rest of fucking eternity in blackness, with his last vision being her ugly face come to send him into ruination.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: But the things I've seen in Scarlet Town did mortify my soul - by Raleska - December 21, 2020, 03:40 PM