Stone Circle When it is time to close my eyes
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
RIP 
Gunnar will only have one post but anyone else can have some. This was such a hard post, but it seems fitting as we turn to fall for him to meet his end. And if anyone wants backdated posts please let me know.

It was morning, bright and beautiful. Birds sang in the trees and the leaves painted their myriad of colors upon each other. Some letting go and falling in gentle sways to the ground.

He knew today was the day. He could feel it in the restriction of his lungs. In the way his body ached and his heart beat.

Oh but how his soul hurt more knowing that he was about to be the cause of his children's pain. Of his pack.That he hadn't been able to give Taktuq all the years she deserved and she deserved so much.

He stood on aching paws. The hitch in his hip painful and high. The blindness of his one eye making it hard to see where he was going. But he traveled towards the stone circle. He would not make them carry him. No. That was an unfairness. It would be enough to move him to where they wished him to lay.

As he made it there and fell hard he thought of those he had loved. Had he been enough? Had he said enough? He wasn't sure. But he had lived well.

The patriarch of Kvarsheim slipped quietly into death. Much quieter than when he had come into the world. And he hoped those he loved knew he had.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Messages In This Thread
When it is time to close my eyes - by Gunnar - October 20, 2023, 01:47 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Bonario - October 20, 2023, 02:09 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Astrid - October 20, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Ulfhild - October 20, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Bonario - October 20, 2023, 03:12 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Kristjan - October 20, 2023, 05:31 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Skáld - October 21, 2023, 01:19 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Ujurak - October 21, 2023, 01:46 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Tauris - October 28, 2023, 10:44 AM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Figment - November 01, 2023, 10:42 AM