Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy nodded; it was always easier to have someone to blame, even if that someone was yourself. Because it wasn't fair, and didn't someone need to answer for that? The injustice of it was a directionless sting, but why would the barb land at all if it wasn't somehow deserved?

But things didn't work that way. Good people got hurt. Good people lost loved ones.

Everybody died.

In a way, they were all just walking each other home, steps coinciding for a time, but each one taking them closer and closer to that inevitable grave. For many, that grave was far closer than they knew.

Years ago, shortly after her first litter was born, Easy had made a very hard decision. Three had been born to her — but one was not thriving as the others did. She had been so afraid for him. The world was so big, and he was so very small. He had been safe in her body, but outside it, she did not know if she could keep him alive.

So she hadn't. She had eaten him, and taken his life and his name back into her body where it could be kept safe and held close. But looking at Sumac, she couldn't help thinking that his spirit must have escaped her and found this man instead.

"I am glad, too," she replied, deeply moved. "I have been looking for you, I think, for quite some time. Sumac. Anurag."

The blackbear leaned forward to press a kiss to his brow.

"We will honor your family," she told him. "Do they keep a surname? A pack name?" she asked him.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Easy - January 18, 2024, 10:50 AM