Lion Head Mesa eightieth
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
250 Posts
Ooc — bon
the royals speak of marriage as a chain. what does it mean then of their marriage; who chains who? what does it mean for her own.
several options are flung out from the erpa-ha, notably one with mesen-ka. she knows little about the sphinx, but presumes he must have some nobility in his heart to have put up with rashepses for so long. or perhaps he is a little dog. toula is agreeable as ever, but her consort remains a glacier that refuses to melt. his glare threatens to burn holes in her instead.

left to stir her thoughts no longer, racharra stands when she is called upon. the auburn brows of the nebet furrow. her pursed lips tremble as they muster the courage to voice all that had been stirring.
a sigh. only after does she begin.

Divine One, Gilded Consort. i only wish the best for akashingo. however, i do not aim to compromise on my own life either — i believe both of these are feasible. my Pharoah it is you who told me i have much to give, and now i would like to decide who it is i give it to. she is glad the divine Pharoah agrees with her in that it will be racharra who shall choose. the problem is who.

as for who i seek, i will admit that i am not sure. love cannot be rushed. marigold gaze dances back and forth between the pair. shining gems underneath holy sunlight. exemplars of akashingo's beauty. and perhaps their love is just as beautiful, but racharra cannot see it.

but i will find the most desirable man. i'll consider the suggestions given to me; i plan to return to the moon village by the sea very soon now that our alliance has been established. i wish to travel to its sister villages too. as for the soldiers, i'll look to them too. then, i will test the hearts of the men presented, see if they are worthy of akashingo's glory. i trust i'll be able to chose, but it will take time. i only ask of you, my Pharoah and Semer-wati, that you may put that trust in me as well.

a slight pause as the rest of her thoughts are collected and gathered.

as for zharille, i do see value in at least trying to find a sire for her. she is strong, formidable, that cannot be denied. strength like that is neccessary to build a stronger army. however i doubt how effective marrying her off will be, the woman cares little for diplomacy.
her mother is elusive, but if not even maternal instinct can keep her from staying with her children then what would change if she were wedded? a chain like that only affects those who see it. 
but the ways of greatwater lake run deep within the palace of akashingo. it is not just i who was rescued from it, after all. she thinks of the jodai. if anything, we stand as proof as to why it should be persued. i suggest that for as long as zharille is expecting, she must stay within the palace or under the watchful eye of someone equal her stature so that she will not run with the children. they'll be weaned within akashingo's walls, and their first days will be spent there. teach them of akashingo and greatwater's strength. perhaps then they'll make strong warriors and competent diplomats.
the dark nebet bows her head to finalize her statement before returning to her seat. only now does she realize the sweat that clings to her brow.
[Image: Illustration463-1-1.png]
 can't live without the trust from those you love
Messages In This Thread
eightieth - by Senmut - March 31, 2024, 07:30 AM
RE: eightieth - by Toula - March 31, 2024, 08:04 AM
RE: eightieth - by Rashepses - March 31, 2024, 11:59 AM
RE: eightieth - by Racharra - March 31, 2024, 12:15 PM
RE: eightieth - by Senmut - March 31, 2024, 01:00 PM
RE: eightieth - by Toula - April 01, 2024, 09:56 AM
RE: eightieth - by Rashepses - April 01, 2024, 12:26 PM
RE: eightieth - by Racharra - April 01, 2024, 12:36 PM
RE: eightieth - by Senmut - April 01, 2024, 03:00 PM