Redhawk Caldera i could travel just by folding a map. [MFT]
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
<3 <3 <3

Finley wasn't the only one thinking that the Alpha pair had lost their marbles, though Elwood was convinced of their insanity for a different reason. Well, he was concerned with Fox, mostly, but he thought he had detected a hint of conspiracy in Peregrine's voice, as well. Ever since the ruddy Alpha female had asked whether or not Elwood had boned Finley yet, the thought had been in the back of his mind. Not because he wanted to bone her, necessarily (or did he?), but because he just hadn't ever thought about her that way before. Or anyone, really. It was uncharted territory for the nearly-two-year-old, and it was enough to drive him crazy.

When he came across Finley's scent as he trekked across the caldera, he hesitated for a long moment. Did he want to track her down, or should he keep his distance for a bit? He didn't want to do or say anything compromising, and he had a little battle in his own head before deciding to see what his friend was up to. See that? His friend. Maybe he had some important Beta-stuff to discuss with her, anyway. Yeah, that was it.

So he started to follow her path, using both her smell and her pawprints in the snow to guide him. She led him to a rocky trail that didn't appear to have been used very much, and eventually he, too, caught wind of the scent that had drawn her there in the first place. It reminded him of the tunnel that he had explored with Somnia, and before he even found the opening in the rock, he knew where Finley was and what she was doing.

Once he managed to locate the crevice, Elwood entered, slinging his body low to the ground. He wasn't the largest wolf around, but this wasn't the most accommodating entrance. Thankfully, as he crept into the belly of the mountain and his eyes adjusted to the darkness, the cavern seemed to open up around him and he was able to resume a normal posture. He moved carefully, following the uneven trail as it led him down, down, down -- towards what, he didn't know. There was a nervous knot in his stomach, as there had been the last time he went spelunking, but he continued forward, wanting to find Finley before he retreated.

Finally, he emerged into a crystallized room, its walls and ceiling much more forgiving than the rest of the cave. Gemstones and precious rocks sparkled all around him, illuminated by a wavering shaft of light from overheard, and the floor in front of him was smooth and glassy -- ice he realized, as his yellow gaze settled on Finley. She careened about on the frozen surface, looking extremely awkward and uncoordinated, and he couldn't help but laugh. The sound echoed, bouncing off of the sharp edges of the secret chamber and surely alerting Finley to his presence.
Messages In This Thread
i could travel just by folding a map. [MFT] - by Finley - December 30, 2014, 09:28 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - December 30, 2014, 11:04 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - December 31, 2014, 09:06 AM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - December 31, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - December 31, 2014, 11:41 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - January 01, 2015, 03:52 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - January 01, 2015, 04:53 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - January 01, 2015, 09:15 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - January 01, 2015, 09:22 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - January 01, 2015, 09:42 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - January 01, 2015, 09:50 PM